How to clean your beverage dispenser
Like all other food and drink containers, beverage dispensers need to be cleaned regularly. If you use them for drinks other than water and don’t clean them, the beverage it dispenses will start to taste different. Also, be mindful of residue buildup in your dispensers if you don’t clean it regularly.
It is advisable to clean beverage dispensers after every change of liquids, or after every four to six weeks of continuous use.
Here’s how to clean your beverage dispenser. You will need cleaning gloves, vinegar, hot water, and a scrub pad.
- If you are using a mechanical or electrical beverage dispenser, make sure to unplug it and remove all non-waterproof parts that do not need to be washed or cleaned. Some dispensers only need the tanks or containers removed for cleaning.
- Mix a 1:1 ratio of vinegar and water.
- Make sure to put on your gloves to protect your hands. Take a sponge or a scrub pad and use it to clean the dispenser using the vinegar solution you just mixed. Avoid using abrasive materials like steel wool so you don’t scratch the dispenser.
- Leave the solution on for five minutes before washing it away with water.
- Repeat the same process for other parts, including the the valve, if it is detachable. Use Q-Tips or a thin stick wrapped in cloth to reach tight spots. Use hot water to rinse.
- Continuously run the dispenser through water three or four times until there is no more vinegar solution left on its surface.
- Use a soft clean cloth to wipe away the moisture, or wait for it to air dry before using the beverage dispenser again.
Beverage dispensers that have electrical parts can be cleaned simply by dusting or wiping the parts with dry cloth. Again, make sure that all parts are unplugged before you begin cleaning.
Some beverage dispensers can be cleaned by dishwashers, but it is always a good idea to clean them yourselves so you are sure that you got through all the spots and other places that are hard to reach.
It is important to maintain sanitary beverage dispensers for the reasons listed above. Cleaning also preserves the quality of your dispenser, so you can use it for many more years to come.
At Aqua City Cleaners, we are professionally trained, licensed and bonded to assist you with your house cleaning needs in Victoria, Vancouver, and Toronto. From sanitizing your home to bathroom deep cleans, there is no job too big or small! Contact us today for a free, no-obligation estimate.